The trade deadline has always been the talk after the All-Star Game. It makes good cooler talk and write-up material. I may not be as good as some people who have done their homework, but hey, I give some effort, too. This year has been a very juicy one, thanks to the Melodrama and post-Lebron era and the possibility of the lockout.
Here are all the deals that were consummated this week, added with my own take on the trade:
- The Toronto Raptors acquire James Johnson from the Chicago Bulls for a 2011 1st round pick previously owned by the Miami Heat.
- The New York Knicks acquire Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Renaldo Balkman, Corey Brewer, Anthony Carter, Shelden Williams; while the Denver Nuggets acquire Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Kosta Koufos, Timofey Mozgov, a 2014 1st round pick of the New York Knicks, second round picks in 2012 and 2013 previously owned by Golden State and $3 million cash. At the same time, the Minnesota Timberwolves secure $3 million in cash, Eddy Curry and Anthony Randolph.
- The New Jersey Nets acquire Deron Williams from the Utah Jazz for cash, Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, a 2011 1st round pick and a 2012 1st round pick previously owned by Golden State.
- The New Orleans Hornets acquire Carl Landry from the Sacramento Kings for Marcus Thornton and cash.
- The New Jersey Nets acquire Brandan Wright and Dan Gadzuric from the Golden State Warriors for Troy Murphy and a 2012 2nd round pick.
- The Atlanta Hawks acquire Kirk Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong from the Washington Wizards for Mike Bibby, Jordan Crawford, Maurice Evans and a 2011 1st round pick.
- The Cleveland Cavaliers acquire Baron Davis and a 2011 1st round pick from the Los Angeles Clippers for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon.
- The Oklahoma City Thunder acquire Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson from the Boston Celtics for Jeff Green, Nenad Krstic and a 2012 first round pick previously owned by the Los Angeles Clippers.
- The Cleveland Cavaliers acquire Semih Erden and Luke Harangody from the Boston Celtics for a 2013 2nd round pick previously owned by Minnesota.
- The Memphis Grizzlies acquire Shane Battier and Ish Smith from the Houston Rockets for Demarre Carroll, Hashim Thabeet and future 1st round pick.
- The Oklahoma City Thunder acquire Nazr Mohammed from the Charlotte Bobcats for Morris Peterson and DJ White.
- The Phoenix Suns acquire Aaron Brooks from the Houston Rockets for Goran Dragic and a future 1st round pick.
- The Portland Trailblazers acquire Gerald Wallace from the Charlotte Bobcats for Dante Cunningham, Sean Marks, Joel Przybilla, a 2011 1st round pick previously owned by New Orleans, a 2013 1st round pick and cash.
- The Sacramento Kings acquire Marquis Daniels and cash from the Boston Celtics for a 2017 second round pick.
FYI to part, Here is the Carmelo intro in his first game as a Knickerbocker