Nuffnang

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Congratulations to Let's Go Surfing Event

Before I go about sharing the surfing experience, I want to thank the following for sponsoring this event by Let's Go Sago.

Sponsors
The Philippine Department of Tourism
Bico Australia
SM
Starbucks
VMV Skin Research Centre + Clinics

Partners
QTV's Qtube - The official TV Partner
Men's Health and Women's Health - The official print media Partner
Web.Com.Ph - The official web hosting partner
Yehey! - The official online media partner

With the support also of
Havaianas
Geiser Maclang
Travel Factor
Creativoices
Digital Manila
JumpshotsPH

In addition, this was not just an ordinary event, as it also serves a way of helping out WWF-Philippines with their efforts in saving the environment. A large amount was raised, so congrats to my fellow bloggers and non-bloggers for coming in.

Special thanks to the San Juan Beach Resort and the Billabong Surf School for being the gracious hosts to the event. Men's Health cover dude and surfer Luke Landrigan was the main instructor to us during the surfing lessons. I personally want to thank my personal surf instructor Chad for being very patient and understanding.

So, how did I fare? Well, I found it a little difficult, especially since it was my first time and I was only able to surf successfully for a brief moment. Must be my weight and balance issues. I tried my best and I had lots of fun, even with the painful back, the sunburn, the soreness. It is a wonderful thing. I would like another crack at it someday, whenever that will come. Plus, the place is amazing. Very pristine.

Again, thanks to all who made it possible. It was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment